Monday, March 10, 2008

Once every 7-10 years!

"Once every 7-10 years expect a flu season that knocks you on your tush" is what the doctor told me. Well, it had been about 8 years. Lucky me! My time was up!!

I have spent the last 3 weeks fighting one thing or another! A cold which turned into a sinus infection, then bronchitis which almost made it to pneumonia with an ear infection and then to top it off....the flu!! Did you know they can test you for the flu?? Well, mine was positive! Influenza B! One lucky thing was, that because I thought my bronchitis was coming back I went to the doctor within 24 hours of it hitting me and they were able to prescribe Tamiflu. Let me tell you- that stuff works!! My doctor told me that she had just gotten over the Influenza B strain and was in bed for 5 days. I only had to watch reruns of "What Not to Wear" for 2 days with the flu!!

But I'm on the upswing!! Yeah!! And I am so happy to think that it will be another 7-10 years before I have to deal with this again!!! Sorry to everybody who's photo session had to be rescheduled! The weather is better now anyway!

Round one! Heavy duty antibiotics, an inhaler for the asthma that the bronchitis brought me and an inhalable steroid for the sinus infection. Plus, the second box of tissues that I went through! AHHHH!

Round two- Tamiflu! Yeah!! Plus something for the nausea and vomiting that goes with the flu (this stuff really worked too!!) and throw in some Tylenol with Codeine for the aches and pains and the bad headaches! Fun!

No comments: